To all our clients. Thank you for your patience and understanding. As the corona virus pandemic continues to impact on our lives and work, we are constantly reviewing advice from the government, Royal Collage of Veterinary Surgeons and British Veterinary Association. We are keen to do our part in limiting the spread of this virus. This means that we have had to implement measures which would not normally be in place. As a caring profession this has been extremely difficult for us but we feel it is vitally important for the protection of our staff and clients. We are also committed to ensuring that pets do not suffer during these difficult times
At this time we have returned to doing routine appointments and operations.
- We are asking ALL clients to call the practice when they arrive.
- If you have come for an appointment you will be added to the waiting list and asked to supply the mobile number you have with you.
- The vet/nurse concerned will phone you on your mobile when they are ready to call you into the practice.
- You may accompany your pet into the building if you are wearing a face covering and use hand sanitizer when you enter and leave the building and before you handle any equipment eg credit card machine. Only one family member will be able to accompany the pet/s.
- You will be asked to follow social distancing regulations while in the building
- Unfortunately you will not be able to remain inside the consulting rooms for longer that 15 minutes to reduce risk of increased contact under the test and trace service. You may be asked to wait in reception, in your car or outside if we need to examine your animal for longer or you have brought multiple animals for examination.
- We are happy to examine your animal without you present if you do not feel comfortable entering the building. In these cases we can take a history over the phone and meet you at the door to admit your pet into our care.
- Due to the size of our waiting area we will not be able to have more than three clients in reception at any one time. You may be asked to wait in your car or outside, weather permitting.
We are doing repeat prescriptions and these can be posted to you if necessary. Unfortunately the post is quite overloaded so please allow plenty of time for delivery. We send all medications by recorded delivery and charge accordingly. If you would like to collect these, we can bring them out to the car for you. Please call to pay over the phone before collection or posting. Please request prescriptions 48 hours in advance of collection.
If you have questions about vaccines please call us. We are currently catching up on missed vaccinations and will be spacing them out. Yearly boosters can be delayed for three months. If your booster has been delayed, reduce risk of leptospirosis by avoiding walking on farms and close to water sources.
If you are self isolating and your animal is ill, please call the practice to discuss options for treatment. Please do not come to the practice if you have symptoms or have tested positive for COVID less than 2 weeks ago or are still symptomatic.
Thank you again and stay safe!
From Adam, Linsey and Jess and the team at Southcrest